Thursday, March 10, 2011

Buying the farm

All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
-Author unknown
                                             source: My Tiny Star
Today you both were playing and A was pushing a laundry basket around on the pergo floor acting like it was a boat of some kind.  A little while later A said, "Mom, I have to show you something.  I'm sorry I damaged the floor."  I looked down and there were some light scratches that I'm sure will buff out.  Once A saw I wasn't mad, she said, "It's no big deal I guess.  We don't care.  We're buying a farm."

I had to laugh.  Yes, you, your dad and I would all like to be out on a few acres.  Me and your dad for the 'away-ness' of it all and you, so you can finally get your horse.  (Keep in mind I say 'finally' and you are 4 1/2 years old as I'm writing this. [big smile] 
Someday...we'll learn patience as we wait.  A, I think you might be like your mom and be a little short on the patience thing.  M, I think you may have lucked out and gotten your dad's genes for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment